回复: ibox能从硬盘启动iso文件吗?

最初由 yqh1203 发表
我按照knoppix的方法试验了不成功啊。有成功的吗?怎么做啊?

我没有试过硬盘安装knoppix,可以说说knoppix上是怎么做的吗?谢谢。
 楼主| 发表于 2004-11-5 15:28:30 | 显示全部楼层
^_^我说的不是硬盘安装,当然硬盘安装做的好的话就可以直接让我这样的新手直接用gentoo了。

我说的是把iso放在硬盘上不用刻盘也能用livecd。
knoppix是这样做的:
以前的版本提供一个硬盘启动印象文件:boot.img. 可以用vloopy启动该映像.
事先是得把knoppix的iso里面的压缩文件knoppix提取出来放在某个分区的根目录下或knoppix目录下.这样启动boot.img后能自动到硬盘上寻找knoppix然后启动knoppix.就像在光驱里用一样.

现在最新的knoppix出来没有了boot.img了.但同样也是先把iso里面的knoppix提取出来,放在某个区的根目录下,然后把iso里面的isolinux目录里面的linux26和minirt26.gz提取出来.最后用grub启动我的knopix提取出来放在hda8上)
title Knoppix3.6(2.6 cn)
root (hd0,7)
kernel /knoppix/isolinux/linux26 ro ramdisk_size=128000 init=/etc/init lang=cn apm=power-off vga=788
initrd=/knoppix/isolinux/minirt26.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix

^_^这个knoppix压缩文件就相当于ibox里面的livecd.squashfs文件
发表于 2004-11-5 16:55:06 | 显示全部楼层
呵呵,笔误,应该是硬盘启动。

明白了兄弟的意见。
我想IBOX之所以不能从硬盘被启动,问题在于ibox的initrd。
具体情况待续。
发表于 2004-11-14 17:08:09 | 显示全部楼层
关注,什么时候续阿
发表于 2004-11-14 17:50:29 | 显示全部楼层
教主, brother yqh1203 is talking about the "poor man's install" method of Knoppix, only 700MB is enough, not the converntional installation that need 2G.

From what you have said, iBox do not this method.  So, when can we expect your installer to do a full installation?
发表于 2004-11-14 21:28:55 | 显示全部楼层
最初由 d00m3d 发表
教主, brother yqh1203 is talking about the "poor man's install" method of Knoppix, only 700MB is enough, not the converntional installation that need 2G.

From what you have said, iBox do not this method.  So, when can we expect your installer to do a full installation?

First of all, "installation" -- a system localization concept, has many ways determined by your need.

"oor man's way", haha, so funny name:-) Root filesystem formatted by squashfs can be copyed to your hard disk and IBOX runs by mounting it as root. Though it also need IBOX CD, it saves CDROM after initrd stage. Such way is semi-installation. Initrd is the key for this installation. Nowadays, I have adjusted initrd to implement it.

What you expect is full-installation, right? ;-)
knoppix-installer gives me hints. Regardless of the detail process of Debian system installation, KI has an excellent dialog function set and a _hd_ set what I can reuse. IBOX-installer is under development. And I will publish it soon. I am so busy that I can't write any code now because it's time to find job for me;-(

ps: d00m3d, help me if possible.
发表于 2004-11-14 21:50:53 | 显示全部楼层
教主, "poor man's install" is the phrase I below from KNOPPIX, it not invented by me.

I did play around with several gentoo-based LiveCD such as jollix and NavynOS in the past.

Both of them can be installed into HDD.  jollix doesn't come with any installer, its installation is a little bit tedious but I think it is possible to follow similar steps to install iBOX into HDD.  I am too busy with my thesis, most likely, I can try this method after Xmas.

NavynOS comes with 2 buggy installers but still applicable.  Both of them are written in python.  Are you familiar with python?
发表于 2004-11-14 22:40:08 | 显示全部楼层
I don't like python. I don't know why gentoo choose it.
It differs a lot from other popular languages and they don't fit me.

Shell programming with sed & awk & dialog is enough. Moreover, maybe I will try Perl! ;-)
发表于 2004-11-14 23:12:11 | 显示全部楼层
I see.  I remember NavynOS has another script to allow users to customize the CD.  Let me dig out the CD and have a look.  If it is a shell script, maybe you'll be interested.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表