找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: shell linux mysql
查看: 743|回复: 2

谁有 FVWM GUIDE 的中文版本的??

[复制链接]
发表于 2004-12-21 13:58:34 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
下边是这个教程的第一篇,我只能找到英文版的,看的好累啊,哪位大哥有中文版本的啊??

FVWM or the Feeble Virtual Window Manager is an extremely versatile
desktop/window manager for the X Window System.

FVWM (或是Feeble Virtual Window Manager)是X Window系统下一个功能极为丰富的桌面/窗口管理系统。

The name is a bit misleading, but originally FVWM was a fork of the original TWM window manager and made as a feeble replacement.

它的名字可能会引起误解,但是FVWM最初只是TWM窗口管理系统的一个分支,只是作为TWM的一个简单替代品。

Here is a nice chart to give you a glimpse of the FVWM family tree.

这里是FVWM目录树的一个不错的图表,让你可以对其有一个简单了解。

FVMW has since grown from its humble beginnings and is now one of the most configurable window mangers out there.

现在,FVWM已经从原来的简单代替品有了长足的成长,并且成为最具有可配置性的窗口管理器。

Think of anything that you would want a desktop/window manager to do,

试想一下所有你希望一个桌面/窗口管理器所能完成的工作,

and FVWM will probably be able to achieve that and more.

FVWM完全有能力去实现它并有可能做的更好。

Since the name 'Feeble' no longer applies to this window manager, many attempts at changing the name, or even creating urban legends about how the original meaning of the 'F' was lost have circulated around.

自从“Feeble”这个词不在适用于这个窗口管理器之后,许多人试图去更改它的名字,更有甚者创造了围绕着“F”的原始含义是如何失去的传说。

Most commonly it's just referred the F? Virtual Window Manager, or FVWM for short.

Though FVWM is extremely versatile and programmable, many shy away from it due to the lack of GUI configuration tools for it.

虽然FVWM的功能极为丰富,并且是可编程的,但许多问题还是归咎于FVWM在GUI配置工具方面的缺乏。

Though there have been some attempts at making such tools,

但是已经有人在制作类似的工具上做出努力、尝试。

fvwm-themes for example, the amount of options involved cannot be easily summed up into a GUI,

列如fvwm-themes,大量相关的选项无法轻易的计入图形界面。

so the best way to configure fvwm is to write a personalized config file.

因此,最好的配置FVWM的方式是写一个个人化的配置文件。

This guide is to help you get familiar with how the syntax for configuring FVWM is used.

这篇指南是帮助你学习FVWM正在使用的最常见的配置方式、语法。

The first part of the guide will lead you step by step in creating a simple config file.

指南的第一部分是引导你一步一步的建立一个简单的配置文件。

I have set the info to go into the config file aside so one could simply copy and paste as they work though the guide.

我已经在配置文件中建立信息,使你可以简单的复制和粘贴他们,就像他们在指南中那样的工作。

My attention is to have you work though this guide copying and pasting some parts,

我所注意的是使你可以通过复制和粘贴这篇指南的某些部分来工作,

but also taking some steps in modifying what I have put there so you can get use to the syntax and add your own flavor to the config.

但也在配置时设置了某些步骤使你可以使用语法并加入你自己喜欢的配置。

After you are done creating the basic config in this guide, I then have an appendix full of more advanced topics and configurations that you can play with to implement into your desktop.

在你通过这篇指南建立了基本配置后,我已经建立了一个附录,都是关于更多高级的主题和配置使你可以在你的桌面执行。

By the end of this guide its my hope that you are familiar with FVWM and can then create your own config to turn it into your window manager.

我希望在学习完成这篇指南后,你可以熟悉FVWM并且建立你自己的窗口管理器。

The guide tries to explain most of the options I present, but all of this information is clearly explained in the FVWM MAN PAGES.

这篇指南试图去解释我所提出的多数选项,但所有的这些信息均在 FVWM MAN PAGES(FVWM手册)里边有清楚的解释。

The man page is quite long, but once one has key words, it should be easy to search for how that is used in the configuration.

FVWM的手册十分长,但每段都有关键词,以便于查找它在配置中是如何使用的。

Some of the configurations I present I will skim or skip over and expect you to use the man page to fill any any details I miss.

某些配置我所提出的配置,我将撇去或是跳过,并希望你可以使用手册去填补那些我所遗漏的内容。

Again just in case you didn't hear me the FVWM MAN PAGES are a valuable resource.

再次强调FVWM手册是十分有用的资源。

This guide is written for the configuration syntax of the unstable release, current at this time is fvwm-2.5.10.

这篇指南是写给不稳定的发行版本的配置语法,现在的版本号是FVWM-2.5.10

I have not tested the configuration on the stable release, 2.4.18, so I am unsure on how well it will work.

我还没有在稳定的版本(2.4.18)上测试这个配置,因此,我不确定它在此版本下是否能很好的工作。

My suggestion is to use the 2.5.10 version.

我的建议是请使用2.5.10发行版本。

Though its dubbed unstable, the basic functionality is stable and I have yet to notice any grave bugs from its operation.

虽然它被称为不稳定的版本,但基本的功能是稳定的,而且我会在操作中注意所有严重的错误。

I also use bits of the Translucency patch in this config (though I only present it as an alternative).

我也在此配置中使用了半透明补丁(虽然仅是作为可选择的选项)

If your interested in using the translucency patch to add a more realistic transparency effect to your menus, instructions on how to install it can be found here.

如果你对使用半透明补丁来在你的菜单上增加一个透明物件有兴趣,关于如何安装的说明可以在这里找到。

All of FVWM is configured by a single config file which is normally located at $HOME/.fvwm2rc or $HOME/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc.

FVWM所有的配置都是又一个配置文件来完成的,它通常是放在 $HOME/.fvwm2rc或是 $HOME/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc目录下边。

Though by the use of the 'Read' command, one could split the config file up into smaller config files.

通过使用“READ”命令可以使一个配置文件分离为许多更小的配置文件。

For this guide we will just put everything into one config file.

在这篇指南中,我们将所有的配置都写入一个配置文件中。

For sake of argument lets put everything in the $HOME/.fvwm directory, so for the first step create the $HOME/.fvwm directory and create an empty .fvwm2rc file.

为避免争论,我们将所有的文件放置在 $HOME/.fvwm 文件夹内,第一步建立 $HOME/.fvwm 文件夹并且建立一个空的 .fvwm2rc 文件。

If you run fvwm, Don't be surprised if you think the default setup is quite ugly, cause many will agree with you, but that is a good place to start.

如果你运行FVWM,不要因为它的默认配置相当丑陋而感到惊奇,虽然有许多人会同意你的看法,但那却是一个很好的开始的地方。

The images I use in this guide can all be downloaded here.

所有我在这篇指南中所用到的图片都可以在这里下载到。

If you want to work though this guide and use my images, download that file, then untar it in your $HOME directory.

如果你想要按照指南所说的去做并且使用我的图片,那么请下载它们,然后在你的$HOME文件夹下解压缩他们。

It will create a .fvwm folder with all the icons and decors I use in this guide.

它将建立一个.fvwm文件夹,里边包括我在这篇指南里使用的所有的图标和装饰。

There is also a copy of the fvwm2rc that can be generated by copying and pasting though the first part of this guide.

里面同样也有一个通过本指南第一部分的复制和粘贴可以产生的fvwm2rc的复本。

Next open the file $HOME/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc file in your favorite text editor.

然后,在你最喜欢的编辑器内打开 $HOME/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc 文件。

This file is parsed by FVWM when it starts up (or is restarted) and fvwm uses the info in here to set up the look and feel of your desktop.

在FVWM启动(或是重起)时将读取这个文件,而且FVWM将使用这些信息来建立你的桌面。

To comment out a line a '#' is used.

使用“#”来注释一行。

Lets put some comments at the top of the file as a starter.

让我们作为起始者在开始加入一些注释信息。

For example you could put the following at the top of your fresh fvwm2rc file.

列如,你可以将以下信息加入到你的fvwm2rc文件的开头。

###########
#  ____________________________
# (   _________________________)
#  ) (__  _  _  _    _  
# (   __)( \/ )( \/\/ )/\/\
#  ) (    \  /  \    //    \
# (___)    \/    \/\/(_/\/\_) 2.5.10
#
# My personal fvwm2rc file
#
#######################