找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: shell linux mysql
查看: 614|回复: 1

Netgear Wgm511(pre-n) On Linux, When I run "modprobe ndiswrapper&

[复制链接]
发表于 2005-5-7 15:12:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I tried to use Ndiswrapper-1.1 install WGM511 on my Toshiba Dynabook laptop(2.6.11-gentoo-r6,gcc-3.3.5,ssp-3.3.2-3,pie-8.7.7.1)

1). Im sure have make a ln at /lib/modules/VERSION/build:

CODE  
build -> /usr/src/linux-2.6.11-gentoo-r6

!even have another ln at same dir that is /source -> /usr/src/linux-2.6.11-gentoo-r6

2). By unshield-0.4 , got *.inf *.sys *.bin from Netgear WGM511 DriverCD for Windows, and cp all files to /etc/ndiswrapper/, then run ndiswrapper -i wgm511.inf, with no errors
run ndiswrapper -l ,can get

CODE  
Installed ndis drivers
wgm511 driver present, hardware present

3). but when i run

CODE  
modprobe ndiswrapper

i get "Invalid module format" error
so , check the ndiswrapper FAQ, this the infos about howto

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This happens for couple of reasons. First, the kernel running should have been compiled from the same sources as ndiswrapper is. Secondly, the compiler used for compiling kernel should be same as the one used to compile ndiswrapper. To make sure these conditions are met, run "cat /proc/version" and "modinfo ndiswrapper" and make sure that they match (both compiler and kernel versions). If they don't match, you need to recompile either ndiswrapper or kernel or both. One sure way to get it right is to make sure that you have proper kernel headers installed: check that (type exactly as below)

ls -l /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build/include/linux/version.h
doesn't give error and shows the information about that file. If you use precompiled kernel, make sure also that your kernel sources have exact same kernel configuration used for compiling kernel; e.g., copy kernel configuration from /proc/config.gz or /boot/config-<version> into /lib/modules/$(uname -r/build/.config, such as "gunzip < /proc/config.gz > /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build/.config". Then recompile and install ndiswrapper. BTW, this issue has nothing to do with ndiswrapper - it is just kernel module compilation issue and if you are having difficulties with issue, seek help in channels meant for kernel (e.g., #kernelnewbies) or your distribution."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4). im sure i have checked ,and that they match (both compiler and kernel versions).
after run command as blow, doesn't give any errors and shows the information about that file

CODE  
ls -l /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build/include/linux/version.h

5). i tried anything what listed in FAQ , but .... , i still get the same error--"Invalid module format", when i try to run modprobe ndiswrapper.  
even when i run modprobe -f ndiswrapper, i get a system crash   

so....... i have to give up ........
发表于 2005-5-8 09:08:10 | 显示全部楼层
把ndiswrapper直接编入内核呢???
不要用模块行不行?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表