搜索
热搜: shell linux mysql
查看: 905|回复: 3

关于能否传播SUSE CDs/DVDs 的官方回答

[复制链接]
发表于 2005-6-8 21:45:38 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
原文出处:
http://forums.suselinuxsupport.d ... c=9158&hl=aRTee

BTW I got a reply from Novell on copying SUSE media, doing multiple installations etc.
They sent me a standard formatted answer, which I've pasted here for your enjoyment.

1. Hopefully the following Q&A answers your questions.

2. Q.  Am I allowed to install SuSE Linux from these CDs/DVDs on more than one computer?
  3. A.  Yes. As long as you are getting no "reward" (particularly cash) from a third party when you install on your machine or a friends.

4. Q. Am I allowed to install SuSE Linux from these CDs/DVDs on another computer than the initial one and then sell that computer?
  5. A. Yes. As long as you are getting no "reward" (particularly cash) from a
  6. third party when you install on your machine or a friends.

7. Q. Am I allowed to make copies of the CDs/DVDs and distribute them among
  8. friends of mine for free?
  9. A. Yes. As long as you are getting no "reward" (particularly cash) from a third party when you install on your machine or a friends.

10. Q. Am I allowed to make copies of the CDs/DVDs and distribute them among friends of mine for a fee i.e. the cost of the blank cds/DVDs? (I guess this one is a no)?
  11. A. Correct the answer is no to this one. If they buy you a donut, or wash your car  for the burned copies of SUSE you are in breach of End User License Agreement (EULA).

12. Thank You!

13. Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Information Solutions
  14. Customer Response Center
复制代码

I had a short email back, my questions (cut 'n paste from my email to Novell) :

1. Thank you for the Q&A information,

2. {....}

3. Is there a webpage where you have this Q&A up for all to see, in case people want to see for themselves?

4. I do have some issues left:
  5. from:
  6. > Q. Am I allowed to make copies of the CDs/DVDs and distribute them
  7. > among
  8. > friends of mine for free?
  9. > A. Yes. As long as you are getting no "reward" (particularly cash) from
  10. > a third party when you install on your machine or a friends.

11. I can conclude that I can actually share SUSE via P2P (edonkey, bittorrent)  "since I will get no reward by doing so, and I just happen to have lots of friends."
  12. Would you say this is correct or not?

13. On what grounds is asking money for copies of SUSE media not allowed? What licence provision does one violate if one does so? Or is it just about the trademarked name and copyrights of "SUSE" and the logo (etc)?

14. Please note: I have no intention of doing so, {.....} but lots of people I know who are using SUSE are curious
复制代码

也就是说,以上内容属实的,在非商业目的下,使用和传播SUSE的CDs/DVDs 都是合法的。
发表于 2005-6-9 02:40:26 | 显示全部楼层
你可以注意到,对前两个问题的回答都是同一个答案,而这句话在法律意义上很可能是有歧义的。因为这个涉及到实际执行安装并使用操作系统的人,究竟是你自己,还是你的朋友。建议你就这个问题问清楚。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-6-9 08:54:21 | 显示全部楼层
这个早就不新鲜了。但是对于传播iso镜像是否符合suse的授权,一直没有明确答案,苏哲也不肯表态,毕竟CD/DVD在朋友之间的传播和通过网络的大规模散发是不同的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-6-9 15:00:32 | 显示全部楼层
另外,SUSE的零售版中含有RealPlayer这样的私有软件。按照这些私有软件本身的授权协议来说,你是不能传播私有软件的。除非Novell斥巨资购买了第三者传播权,但通常没有公司会这么傻。

BTW,是否可以传播,应该是法务部的事情,一个普通的开发人员是管不着的。况且,Novell中国是否设立了法务部还是个未知数。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表