注册
搜索
热搜: shell linux mysql
查看: 3371|回复: 0

Greg Lehey resigns from FreeBSD core team

[复制链接]
发表于 2004-2-19 16:21:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
转自www.bsdforums.org News, Articles 版

Greg Lehey, author of "The Complete FreeBSD", resigned from the core team on Sunday. No details. Hopefully, he is just scaling back his time commitment and not pulling away from FreeBSD. Besides being a core team member, Greg was also FreeBSD User Groups Editor. He is the principal developer of Vinum Volume Manager, a developer of the NetBSD project and the president of AUUG, the Australian UNIX User Group. Thanks, kace, our community member, for the news.

一些回复!
too bad, i have his great "complete freebsd" book, these are some quotes from his personal web site:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm doing so many things for other people that I can't get anything done for myself: FreeBSD core team, AUUG presidency, writing articles for magazines, answering technical questions. Enough is enough! Finished off the article for Daemon News, which was really due at the begnining of the month, but since they only just published the January edition, it wasn't a problem, and sent off a message to the FreeBSD developers announcing my resignation from the core team. AUUG will have to wait a little longer, but I don't intend to nominate myself for any board position next year. Hopefully that will give me more time to do interesting things.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Gradually people have noticed that I have left the FreeBSD core team, and I've had a surprising number of supportive mail messages. It's a little silly that I can only tell the internal lists, which leaves a lot of people out of the loop, and as one person pointed out, Slashdot will have a field day with the cryptic statement on the FreeBSD web site. To make it clear: I resigned because of overwork, not because “FreeBSD is dying”.

http://www.lemis.com/grog/diary-feb2004.html
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表