LinuxSir.cn,穿越时空的Linuxsir!

找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: shell linux mysql
查看: 1138|回复: 23

Can anybody give me a suggess?Network problem.

[复制链接]
发表于 2003-8-1 10:58:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I am in LAN,But we should pay 300rmb for a static ip per year.
So our dorm decide just apply one ip addr.But I don't know which is
the best way to do that.
DHCP?IPTABLE? or something else?
发表于 2003-8-1 11:04:32 | 显示全部楼层
iptables+dhcp+squid
具体我想你要自已查有关你需要的设置了
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-1 14:32:50 | 显示全部楼层
And why? What are this software doing?
发表于 2003-8-1 16:39:29 | 显示全部楼层
find it youself please
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-1 16:49:08 | 显示全部楼层
Does squid necessary?
find? they tell how to, but don't tell me why.
发表于 2003-8-1 16:54:38 | 显示全部楼层
Nothing can be done without effort by yourself.
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-1 18:04:59 | 显示全部楼层
So, I think you misunderstand me.
In fact, I find a lot, I even got a book rihgt here with me, TCP/IP Administration.
But I don't understand why they doing things this way. And whether we can find out a better way.
I can't do things when I don't understand.
So can you suggest me something help me understand the dhcp?
发表于 2003-8-1 23:02:58 | 显示全部楼层
Actually, the most important thing is "iptables", which means NAT(Network Address Translation). It will translate your internal IP to that static IP so you can go Internet(WWW,FTP, ICQ..).

"Squid" -- Proxy service is another alternative or addon. It can sit on the machine with static IP, and listen for the web access request from internal and retrieve and return the content to internal host. So with "Squid", you can surf Internet (and use some applications that make use of HTTP protocol) even if you don't have NAT.

DHCP is just for you to manage a bunch of IP addresses. You can also choose not to use it, then you must manually make sure not IP conflict (no two host have same IP).
DHCP is very good for mobile users, which means they can plug to different network with no manual change of settings.
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-2 12:28:53 | 显示全部楼层
If I want to authorize the ip addr using netcard addr imformation, which is the best way? I must ensure my clients can usr ftp,www,qq,all of the stuff we use usually in brief. Can iptables do this(authorizing)?
发表于 2003-8-2 12:46:02 | 显示全部楼层
I am using DHCP to share private IPs with 20 clients. For the security reasons, I also addon the MAC identification via authorization. That is to say, ONLY the registered MACs can use the DCHP server, www, ftp and all other internet services.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表