搜索
热搜: shell linux mysql
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: yuchen

关于scim 1.3.3

[复制链接]
发表于 2005-7-16 12:12:30 | 显示全部楼层
关于1.3.3的一个好消息是基本解决了与firefox的冲突问题,

I have to take back my words, the new scim 1.4.0 in the extra(if used as gtk immodule) does crash the official nightly build of mozilla firefox, make it unable to start up.
Do hope anyday such (C++) compatible problem gets solved.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-7-16 12:13:57 | 显示全部楼层
关于1.3.3的一个好消息是基本解决了与firefox的冲突问题,

I have to take back my words, the new scim 1.4.0 in the extra(if used as gtk immodule) does crash the official nightly build of mozilla firefox, make it unable to start up.
scim -f socket -c socket -d

I think scim -d is more safe to start scim as deamon.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-7-16 21:06:55 | 显示全部楼层
Post by ganloo

did you build mozilla yourself (PKGBUILD) or did you download the binary from the mozilla-网页?

Post by ganloo
I think scim -d is more safe to start scim as deamon.

1. scim -f socket -c socket -d
复制代码
should start it as daemon. but in socket-socket mode.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-7-16 22:44:05 | 显示全部楼层
did you build mozilla yourself (PKGBUILD) or did you download the binary from the mozilla-网页?

I download the binary version from mozilla tinderbox. :-) (mozilla firefox is a big beast, takes  about 350m my harddisk space and a quite long time to compile and sometime even refuse to compile), If I build mozilla firefox cvs myself, there is no conflict. I have asked James for this type of problem, however it seems due to GCC and C++ compatibility.
Do you compile SCIM 1.4.0 with gcc 4.0.1?
in socket-socket mode.

What kind of advantage will it give us oter than I can know how many memory it really takes?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-7-16 23:32:10 | 显示全部楼层
> What kind of advantage will it give us oter than I can know how many memory it really takes?

it is generally recommanded to use "scim -d" which will handle all the necessary components automatically
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-7-17 00:11:39 | 显示全部楼层
Post by ganloo
I download the binary version from mozilla tinderbox. :-) (mozilla firefox is a big beast, takes  about 350m my harddisk space and a quite long time to compile and sometime even refuse to compile), If I build mozilla firefox cvs myself, there is no conflict.  

exactly, because it is compiled against gtk2 (and other software) from arch on your system

what do you need tinderbox for? do you mean the same thing as i do?

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/tinderbox/ ?

Post by ganloo

I have asked James for this type of problem, however it seems due to GCC and C++ compatibility.

yep, exactly - the mozilla devs use maybe other gtk2 or something else in an older version than you have in arch

Post by ganloo

Do you compile SCIM 1.4.0 with gcc 4.0.1?

the scim from [extra]? no! gcc 3.4.3

gcc 4.0.1 is in [testing] and makes us pains patching lots of pkgs to compile under gcc.

Post by ganloo

What kind of advantage will it give us oter than I can know how many memory it really takes?

you mean gcc? the gcc4 has a lot of new features. have a look here:
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.0/changes.html#4.0.1
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-7-17 07:36:35 | 显示全部楼层
what do you need tinderbox for? do you mean the same thing as i do?

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/tinderbox/ ?

Oh, I just go to their tinderbox to see why mozilla firefox cvs refuses to be correctly compiled  sometimes.
you mean gcc?

No, I mean to start SCIM with "scim -f socket -c socket -d " instead of "scim -d"
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表