发表于 2002-12-11 09:37:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
那位大哥知道在red hat7.2下如何安装oracle9i 数据库?
在oracle 的网站上应下载哪一种版本?
谢谢!!
发表于 2002-12-11 14:38:30 | 显示全部楼层
数据库专题中在8.0下安装的方法能行吗?
发表于 2002-12-11 17:35:37 | 显示全部楼层
Oracle 9i (9.0.1) on RedHat 7.1 and 7.2 installation HowTo

Copyright (c) 2001 by Robert Schmakel, this document is governed by The General Public License (GPL)

This HowTo is not intended to replace the Oracle Installation Guides, but to assist those trying to install Oracle on Red Hat 7.1 and 7.2, which isn't exactly documented by Oracle. According to a press release from Red Hat in September of 2001, RH 7.1 has also been certified; however I have yet to find any further details or information other than the press release. Keep in mind that Oracle 9i has not been certified on Red Hat 7.2 at the time this paper was written, therefore, you may want / need to take this into consideration before continuing with the installation.

1 Prerequisites
1.1 Hardware requirements
All values listed are according to the Installation Guide from Oracle, I have included what I was using when testing this procedure in parenthesis.

 For the server you need at least 512MB of RAM (384MB)

 You need twice the amount of RAM or at least 400MB of Swap Space (1488884),

 At least 2.5GB for the software installation plus another 1GB for the starter database, if included in the install,

 You also need at least 400MB of disk space in the /tmp directory. If you do not have 400MB of free space in the /tmp directory, you can create a temporary directory somewhere else and set the environment variables TEMP and TMPDIR to point to the new location.

1.2 Software requirements
All values listed are according to the Installation Guide from Oracle, I have included what I was using when testing this procedure in parenthesis.

Oracle 9i is certified on SuSE 7.1 with kernel 2.4.4 and the operation system library GNU lib C 2.2 and according to Red Hat in their press release from September, also with Red Hat 7.1, but there was no further information available (kernel 2.4.2, the one that comes with Red Hat Linux version 7.1).

 Window Manager (fvwm, Xwindows, ...)

 JDK 1.1.8 is required if installing the Apache version delivered with Oracle.

 You will need to downgrade the "binutils" package to the version 2.10.0.18-1. This version was delivered with Red Hat 7.0 and can be downloaded from Red Hat, http://www.redhat.com.

1.3 JDK Installation
If you are going to be installing the Oracle HTTP [Apache] component utilities JDK 1.1.8 v3 is required. Ensure that you have JDK 1.1.8 v3 installed. According to the Oracle documentation, the Blackdown JDK version 1.1.8_v3 is recommended. You can get JDK 1.1.8_v3 from:

ftp://ftp.openlinux.org/pub/mirr ... /JDK-1.1.8/i386/v3/

The file you need is called jdk118_v3-glibc-2.1.3.tar.bz2.

You can install the above file by entering the command:

cp jdk118_v3-glibc-2.1.3.tar.bz2 /usr/local
cd /usr/local
tar -xjvf jdk118_v3-glibc-2.1.3.tar.bz2

With the JDK installed, you then need to create a symbolic link so the Oracle installer can find it:

ln -s /usr/local/jdk118_v3 /usr/local/java

That is all there is to the jdk installation.

1.4 Kernel parameters
You need to make sure that the shared memory parameters are set to at least the values required by Oracle. You may be able to install and run 9i without doing this, but you may run into problems later. It is recommended that these parameters are set properly at the very beginning.

Here are the guidelines for these values according to the Oracle installation procedures (these are the minimum values):

SEMMNI = 100
SEMMSL = 100
SEMMNS = 256
SEMOPM = 100
SEMVMX = 32767

and

SHMMAX = One-half the size of your system's physical memeory
SHMMIN = 1
SEMMNI = 100
SEMSEG = 4096

You can set some of the kernel parameters dynamically and others you need to build a new kernel in order to change. To set the kernel parameters when building a new kernel, you need to edit the shared memory file:

/usr/src/linux/include/asm/shmparam.h

and the semaphore file:

/usr/src/linux/include/linux/sem.h.

Remember, this requires that you build a new kernel, so make sure that you have the necessary documentation and source files to complete this task. You can also try dynamic kernel parameters by editing /etc/sysctl.conf and activating these dynamic kernel parameters with sysctl -p.

The current values of kernel parameters that can be changed dynamically can be found in the pseudo files located in the directory /proc/sys/kernel. To check and change these kernel parameters dynamically, you can follow the following steps:

1. Log in as the user root.

2. Go to the /proc/sys/kernel directory.

3. Check how the semaphore parameter values are currently set by looking at the sem file using the program cat. For example:

# cat sem

The result will be a list of the values for the parameters SEMMSL, SEMMNS, SEMOPM and SEMMNI respectively. This is the result that I got:

250 32000 32 128

In this example, 250 is the SEMMSL parameter value, 32000 is the SEMMNS parameter value, 32 is the SEMOPM parameter value and 128 is the SEMMNI parameter value.

4. To modify the parameter values, use the following command:

# echo SEMMSL_value SEMMNS_value SEMOPM_value SEMMNI_value > sem

which means that we need to enter the following command to meet the requirements set forth by Oracle (the values that already exceed the required minimum should not be changed):

# echo 250 32000 100 128 > sem

Remember, all of the above parameters must be entered in order!

5. To check the shared memory parameter values for SHMMAX and SHMMNI, you can also use the cat utility. For example:

# cat shmmax

or

# cat shmmni

The results will just be one number per command. These are the results that I got: 33554432 and 4096 respectively.

6. You can modify the shared memeory parameter by using the echo command similar to 4. above. For example, to change the SHMMAX parameter to half of my system's memory (384MB), you would enter the command:

# echo 201326592 > shmmax

7. You need to enter these values in the file /etc/sysctl.conf in order for them to take effect when the server is restarted, for example:

kernel.sem = 250 32000 100 128
kernel.shmmax = 201326592

If you stick to (or have to stick to) the old method of static kernel parameters, here are the necessary steps for building a new kernel and modules:

mkbootdisk –device /dev/fd0 2.4.2-2        <- (7.1) for your safety / to be able to boot from a floppy disk
or                                         <-
mkbootdisk -device /dev/fd0 2.4.7-10       <- (7.2)

cd /usr/src/linux          <- go to the root of the kernel sources
make menuconfig            <- choose the capabilities you want to
                           <-     put in your kernel and in your modules
make dep
make clean
make bzImage               <- create the new kernel
make modules               <- create the new modules
make modules-install       <- copy the new modules to the appropriate directory
make install               <- copy the new kernel to the appropriate directory
                           <.     (possibly overwriting the old one)

1.5 Mount points
Oracle9i requires at least two mount points. One for the software and one for the database files. If you are performing an Optimal Flexible Architecture (OFA) compliant installation, you are going to need at least 4. Again, one for the software, and at least three for database files. All mount points need to follow the pattern, /<string_constant><fixed-length_key>, for example /ora01 for the software and /ora02, ora03 and ora04 for the database files.

1.6 Oracle user and groups
You need to create the following groups before you start the installer:

groupadd oinstall # this is the group for the installation
groupadd dba # this is the group for database administrators
groupadd oper # this is the group for database operators

The user "oracle" needs to be created. This user, oracle, need to have the group "oinstall" assigned as the primary group and osdba and osoper as secondary groups. This can be accomplished by:

useradd oracle -g oinstall -G dba,oper
passwd oracle # you need to assign a password to the oracle user

After creating the user oracle, you need to change the ownership and permissions on the mount points created earlier. You need to change them so that the user oracle owns them with the group dba and the permissions are 775:

chown oracle.dba /ora01 # repeat for all other mount points as well
chmod 775 /ora01 # again, repeat for all other mount points.

1.7 The Environment
Now we need to set up the user oracle's environment. To do this, log in as oracle and verify that the umask is set to 022:

umask

if not, you need to add the line

umask 022

to the ~/.bash_profile file as well as the following parameters:

ORACLE_BASE=/ora01/app/oracle
ORACLE_HOME=/ora01/app/oracle/product/9.0.1
ORACLE_SID=orc1
ORACLE_TERM=xterm
TNS_ADMIN=$ORACLE_HOME/config
NLS_LANG=german_germany
ORA_NLS33=$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATHORACLE_HOME/lib

PATH=$PATHORACLE_HOME/bin
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATHORACLE_HOME/JREORACLE_HOME/jlibORACLE_HOME/rdbms/jlib:
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATHORACLE_HOME/network/jlib

export ORACLE_BASE ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_SID PATH CLASSPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export ORACLE_TERM ORA_NLS33 NLS_LANG

Log out and then back in as the user oracle. Ensure that the the above specified environment settings are active and the paths are correct (/bin,/usr/bin,/usr/local/bin)

env

1.8 Linking Problems
Oracle9i will not install without errors “out of the box”. To avoid these problems or work around them, I have found two options that work fine. The first one is to downgrade the “binutils” package to that from Red Hat 7.0 (refer to 1.8.1). This was done originally when doing the testing with Red Hat 7.1. There is a more elegant solution which entails modifying the Oracle script “genclntsh” during the installation (refer to 1.8.2).

1.8.1 Downgrade the binutils package
Obtain the rpm package binutils-2.10.0.18-1.i386.rpm (either from the installation CDs from Red Hat 7.0 or from the Red Hat web site, http://www.redhat.com) and enter the following command, assuming that you are in the directory where the rpm package is located:

rpm -Uvh -–force –-nodeps binutils-2.10.0.18.-1.i386.rpm

After the installation, don't forget to restore your original “binutils” package, for Red Hat 7.2, the command would look like:

rpm -Uvh –force –nodeps binutils-2.11.90.0.8-9.i386.rpm

1.8.2 “genclntsh” Modification (recommended)
During the installation, wait for the error message:

Error invoking target install of makefile <$ORACLE_HOME>/plsql/lib/ins_plsql.mk

(where <$ORACLE_HOME> is the path you defined where Oracle is being installed to)

At this point, edit the file “genclntsh” located in “$ORACLE_HOME/bin/” and change the line from:

LD_SELF_CONTAINED=”-z defs”

to

LD_SELF_CONTAINED=””

After editing, run the script as the user “oracle”:

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/genclntsh

which creates a new “libclntst9.a” file:

created <$ORACLE_HOME>/lib/libcltst9.a

After you have done that, return to the error pop-up window and click on retry. Everything should link fine after that.

And now the actual installation.

2 Installation
Make sure you are logged in as oracle and start your Windows Manager.

From within a terminal window (e.g. xterm), go to the directory where the Oracle software is located

cd /mnt/cdrom

Start the installation with the program runInstaller

./runInstaller

1. The Oracle Universal Installer starts (OUI), click on the Next button

Verify that the source directory is listed correctly

/mnt/cdrom/stage/products.jar

The destination path should be the same as what you defined in the ORACLE_HOME environment variable, then click Next to continue.

2. When asked for the Unix Group Name, enter "oinstall" as the group and click Next.

3. A window will pop up telling you to run the orainstRoot.sh script. To do this you need to start another terminal window and assume the root identity. Change to the ORACLE_HOME directory and run the script orainstRoot.sh:

su root

cd /tmp

. ./orainstRoot.sh

When this is done, leave the terminal open, stay logged in as root and switch back to the popup window and click Continue.

4. Now you will see the Available Products screen. Here you should select Oracle9i Database 9.0.1.0.0 and click Next.

5. The next screen shows the Installation Types. Here you have the choice of Enterprise Edition, Standard Edition and Custom. The Enterprise Edition installs a pre-configured starter database, product options, management tools, Networking services, utilities and basic client software for an Oracle database server. This will run the necessary assistants to create a demo database and configure Net8. For this example, we will select Enterprise Edition, then click Next.

6. You need to choose what type of database you want to install, or choose the option "Software Only" for no seed database in the next screen. Choose an option and click Next.

7. In the next screen you will need to enter the global database name, which is a user defined name plus the domain name. The global database name must be 8 characters or less. Verify that the displayed ORACLE_SID is correct for the database that you want to create. Click Next.

8. In the Database Character Set screen, choose the character set that you want for your seed database and click on Next.

9. Now you need to supply the JDK Home Directory (for JDK 118) which, if following these instructions, should be /usr/local/java. Once entered / defined, click Next.

10. Finally you get a summary screen of the options that will be installed. Review this summary and click on Install.

11. After files have been copied and linked, another window will pop up asking you to run the root.sh script as the user root. To do this, switch back to the terminal from earlier (you did leave it open) where root is still logged in and change to the ORACLE_HOME directory and run the script root.sh.

cd $ORACLE_HOME
# Remember, we logged on as root from the oracle user previously with the command su root,
# which maintained the environment variables set for oracle user.
. ./root.sh

When asked for the path to your local bin directory is, you should be able to just hit Enter.

When the script is finished, you can log out as root and close the terminal window, as it will no longer be needed. Return to the pop up window and click on OK.

12. The Configuration Tools start one after the other finishing with the Configuration Assistant. Once complete the installation is finished. In the case that “Oracle Net Configuration Assistant” should hang, mark it and stop it. When all other tools have finished, remark “Oracle Net Configuration Assistant” and click “retry”. It should finish successfully.

Click on Exit and confirm that you want to exit

3 Post installation
3.1 Tasks to perform as root:
Create any additional user accounts and verify security according to your requirements.

Automate database startup and shutdown if desired. Automatic startup is optional, but automatic shutdown is highly recommended, because it guards against an instance crash if the computer is shutdown without shutting down the database first. You need to perform the following to implement automatic startup and shutdown:

1. Edit the /etc/oratab file. The entries in the oratab file are in the format
<SID>:<ORACLE_HOME>:{Y|N}

In order to start and stop automatically using dbstart and dbshut, you need to make sure that the last field is Y.

2. Create a file named dbora in the directory /etc/rc.d/init.d if it doesn't already exist. The file should look something like this:

#!/bin/sh
# Set ORA_HOME to be equivalent to the ORACLE_HOME
# from which you wish to execute dbstart, dbshut
# and lsnrctl
# set ORA_OWNER to the user id of the owner of the
# Oracle database in ORA_HOME
ORA_HOME=/ora01/app/oracle/product/9.0.1
ORA_OWNER=oracle

if [ ! -f $ORA_HOME/bin/dbstart ]
then
echo "Oracle startup: cannot start; unable to find dbstart"
exit
fi
case "$1" in
'start')

# Start the Oracle databases:
# The following command assumes that the oracle login
# will not prompt the user for any values

su - $ORA_OWNER -c "$ORA_HOME/bin/lsnrctl start &"
su - $ORA_OWNER -c $ORA_HOME/bin/dbstart &
;;
'stop')

# Stop the Oracle databases:
# The following command assumes that the oracle login
# will not prompt the user for any values

su - $ORA_OWNER -c "$ORA_HOME/bin/lsnrctl stop &"
su - $ORA_OWNER -c $ORA_HOME/bin/dbshut &
;;
esac

This will also start and stop the listener automatically.

3. Create links to the dbora for the appropriate run levels. This could be automated with special remark lines (# chkconfig: 235 99 10 and # description: starts Oracle) in the dbora-script and a call to ntsysv or tksysv or chkconfig. The result should be similar to making the following manual calls:

# Instead of manually putting the kill script in rc3.d and rc5.d, we will
# only put it in rc0.d. This way we are sure that the DB is shut down
# before the server goes down.
ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/dbora /etc/rc.d/rc0.d/K10dbora
ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/dbora /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S99dbora
ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/dbora /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S99dbora

4. Change the group membership of the Apache account if necessary. This is to protect database security.

3.2 Tasks to perform as the user oracle
Ensure that the startup files for the oracle user as well as all other Oracle user accounts reflect the proper settings.

1. Apply any necessary patches.

2. If required, adjust the parameters in the initsid.ora file. To bring the created rollback segments on line when the database is started, you need uncomment the parameter rollback_segments.

That's about it. Now you can sit back and enjoy Oracle 9i on Red Hat Linux 7.1 or 7.2!
发表于 2002-12-11 17:38:09 | 显示全部楼层
Oracle 9i (9.0.1) installation on Red Hat Linux 7.2
Installation of Oracle 9i server on Redhat 7.2 is the same as on Redhat 7.1, except for some really strange behaviour I experienced when the Database configuration assistant (dbca) was invoked, both as part of installation and later when I tried to invoke it manually. This combination is not certified by Oracle, therefore installation problems were to be expected.

Contents
1. Things you need before you start
2. Unpacking downloaded installation files
3. Installation procedure
4. the Database configuration assistant
5. Starting the database for the first time
5.1 Starting the database
5.2 Shutting down the database
Notes on memory usage
1. Things you need before you start
jdk-1.1.8_v3 - Blackdown Linux port of Sun's Java Development Kit
Get it at www.blackdown.org
binutils-2.10.0.18-1
This is binutils package shipped with RedHat 7.0. You can find it on RedHat 7.0 installation CD, or at the RH site: ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/ ... .10.0.18-1.i386.rpm
2. Unpacking downloaded installation files
If you downloaded database installation files from Oracle site (Linux9i_Disk1.cpio.gz, Linux9i_Disk2.cpio.gz and Linux9i_Disk3.cpio.gz) gunzip them somewhere and you'll get three .cpio files.
Unpacking them as described in Oracle documentation won't work (at least it didn't work for me and I have GNU cpio version 2.4.2), so use:

# cpio -idmv<Linux9i_Disk1.cpio
# cpio -idmv<Linux9i_Disk2.cpio
# cpio -idmv<Linux9i_Disk3.cpio

Now you should have three directories (Disk1, Disk2 and Disk3) containing installation files.
3. Installation procedure
Install jdk-1.1.8_v3.
According to jdk documentation, install jdk under /usr/local. Now you should create symbolic link to the jdk because oracle expects to find it under /usr/local/java:
# ln -s /usr/local/jdk118_v3 /usr/local/java
Now you should downgrade your binutils to the version 2.10.0.18-1, shipped with RedHat 7.0:

# rpm -Uvh --force --nodeps binutils-2.10.0.18-1.i386.rpm
Create user oracle and dependent groups:
# groupadd oinstall
# groupadd dba
# useradd -g oinstall -G dba oracle
# passwd oracle
Create user that apache with primary group oinstall:
# groupadd apache
# useradd -g oinstall -G apache  apache
# passwd apache
Create directories in which database files will reside. Oracle recommends OFA - Optimal Flexible Architecture (see oracle installation guide), but in this example everything will be installed under /home/oracle:
# mkdir /home/oracle/product
# mkdir /home/oracle/product/9.0.1
# chown -R oracle.oinstall /home/oracle/*
# mkdir /var/opt/oracle
# chown oracle.dba /var/opt/oracle
Now login as user oracle and put the following lines at the end of your .bash_profile:
#oracle 9i
export ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/product/9.0.1
export ORACLE_BASE=/home/oracle
export ORA_NLS33=$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data
export ORACLE_TERM=xterm
export PATH=$PATHORACLE_HOME/bin:/usr/local/java/bin
export TNS_ADMIN=$ORACLE_HOME/config

# change this NLS settings to suit your taste
# or don't put anything and fall back to
# american NLS settings
export NLS_LANG='croatian_croatia.ee8iso8859p2'
export NLS_SORT=xcroatian

if [ -z $LD_LIBRARY_PATH ]
then
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib
else
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATHORACLE_HOME/lib
fi
if [ -z $CLASSPATH ]
then
    CLASSPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/JREORACLE_HOME/jlibORACLE_HOME/rdbms/jlib
    CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATHORACLE_HOME/network/jlib
    export CLASSPATH
else
    CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATHORACLE_HOME/JREORACLE_HOME/jlib
    CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATHORACLE_HOME/rdbms/jlibORACLE_HOME/network/jlib
    export CLASSPATH
fi

Since I am from Croatia, I use Croatian national language support (NLS_LANG, NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE, NLS_SORT and NLS_DATE_FORMAT). You should set these variables to suit your needs. Note that all other variables defined here are mandatory.
Listing of valid Oracle NLS Data parameters including supported languages, territories and storage character sets can be found here.

Now .bash_profile should be executed in order to initialize these variables:
$ source /home/.bash_profile
or just log off and than back on as user oracle.
If you use some shell other than bash (tcsh, sh, ...) these variables should be set according to syntax of your shell and put in script that automatically executes at user login.
Oracle installer MUST be run from Xwindows by user oracle.
Start Xwindows and from terminal window and start the installer:
$ /wherever/you/unpacked/it/Disk1/runInstaller
or (if you have the CD set):
$ /mnt/cdrom/runInstaller
4. the Database Configuration Assistant
After install and relink, oracle installer first runs Network configuration assistant. The 'use tipical configuration' is a safe bet. Then comes configuring and starting of Apache web server which is done with no user input. This should work, but if you experience any problems, you may try to temporarilly shut down your Apache server if you have one running).
Now comes the interesting part, the dbca. On step 2 of 8 page I picked the General purpose template which includes pre-configured database files.
Procede in choosing your configuration until you come to Step 6 of 8: Initialization parameters (snapshot available).
The thing is that when I pressed 'Next' button, the Database Configuration Assistant filled up all the available memory and crashed. In second attempt (well, actually it was more like tenth), instead of clicking 'Next' I clicked 'Finish' and this time installation went on.
Now I got to the 'Summary' page (snapshot available).
I waited for some time for Database template to load but nothing showed up, so I just clicked 'OK' and, surprisingly, installation went on.
Now that your installation has completed, you should reinstall the original binutils from Redhat 7.2 distribution:

[root@marvin ora9]# rpm -Uvh binutils-2.11.90.0.8-9.i386.rpm
5. Starting the database for the first time
5.1 Starting the database
In .bash_profile (if you use bash shell) for user oracle add variable ORACLE_SID=your_database_instance. Default value for instance is ORCL, so your line would look like this:
export ORACLE_SID=ORCL
Now we should set this variable for current session:
$ export ORACLE_SID=ORCL
alternatively, you can log off and than back on.
Now open /etc/oratab with your favorite editor, and make sure that it contains the following line:
orcl:/home/oracle/product/9.0.1:Y
(you should replace 'orcl' with the name of your instance)
Let's actually start the database now:
$ dbstart
Or you can do it the other way:

[ora9@marvin ora9]$ sqlplus /nolog

SQL*Plus: Release 9.0.1.0.0 - Production on Pon Stu 19 23:02:05 2001

(c) Copyright 2001 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

SQL> connect / as sysdba
Connected to an idle instance.
SQL> startup
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area  235693104 bytes
Fixed Size                   279600 bytes
Variable Size             167772160 bytes
Database Buffers           67108864 bytes
Redo Buffers                 532480 bytes
Database mounted.
Database opened.
SQL> select sysdate from dual;

SYSDATE
--------

SQL> select * from scott.dept;

DEPTNO DNAME          LOC
---------- -------------- -------------
        10 ACCOUNTING     NEW YORK
        20 RESEARCH       DALLAS
        30 SALES          CHICAGO
        40 OPERATIONS     BOSTON

SQL> exit
Disconnected from Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.0.1.0.0 - Production
With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 9.0.1.0.0 - Production
[ora9@marvin ora9]$
5.2 Shutting down the database
To shut down the database use:
$ dbshut
or through the SQL*PLUS:
[ora9@marvin ora9]$ sqlplus /nolog

SQL*Plus: Release 9.0.1.0.0 - Production on Pon Stu 19 23:12:36 2001

(c) Copyright 2001 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

SQL> connect / as sysdba
Connected.
SQL> shutdown
Database closed.
Database dismounted.
ORACLE instance shut down.
SQL> exit
Disconnected from Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.0.1.0.0 - Production
With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 9.0.1.0.0 - Production
[ora9@marvin ora9]$
Notes on memory usage
I have 256M RAM, and 450M swap partition. First time I tried installing 9i I ran completely out of memory, so I had to add more swap space on the run. Here's a little tip how to do it in the times of need ;)
First, make a file that will act as additional swap space, let's say about 300 Megs:
# dd if=/dev/zero of=tempswap bs=1k count=300000
Now we should change the file permissions:
# chmod 600 tempswap
Finally we format the "partition" as swap and add it to swap space:
# mke2fs tempswap
# mkswap tempswap
# swapon tempswap
My actual configuration
Here are the actual values I used, just so you don't get confused with the SQL*plus output:
Oracle account: ora9
ORACLE_HOME: /public/ora9/product/9i
ORACLE_SID: orcl9
My linux box is an AMD Athlon, 700MHz, 256M RAM, Kernel 2.2.14, Redhat linux 7.2 with all available updates to date (including glibc-2.2.4-19)
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表