注册
搜索
热搜: shell linux mysql
查看: 1724|回复: 20

关于ULTEO的好消息

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-4-5 23:35:17 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Hi everybody,

for sure there is not much information about Ulteo because I don't want to be accused of vaporware  and because it's better to talk about a concept when there is a "material" instance of this concept. As a result, I'll unveil the whole thing when a first alpha-beta version will be available. Of course, many of you guessed it, Ulteo won't be "only" a new Linux distribution. This would be quite useless!

Well... here is an information! I'm currently working to port my Ulteo tests to a debian-base. We won't start from scratch for sure! Well, an Ubuntu base in fact! No need for now to describe all the reasons which convinced me to think about this switch (especially cos I *may* switch back to a Mandriva-base ).  The issue is that I'm not an expert with Ubuntu/Debian technologies, but I'm learning. I want to start upon Kubuntu because it's the closest distro to my previous hacks in Mandriva regarding apps and look & feel. And after the first release, extend the project to a GNOME-base as well.

Anyway, currently I'm in a hurry and certainly need help. In short: I don't like the way that removable devices are handled in Ubuntu. It reminds me Mandrake 5.1 when no other options were possible. I far prefer the Mandriva way. We need a system that doesn't lock the CD inside the drive. There are other issues as well, linked to hotplug capabilities. I don't want to spend my time on these points, I have to focus on system integration and net services. So if someone has the skills, please get in touch with me or connect me!

Other: internationalization could also be better managed. It's less important for now, but if someone is interested...

See you.

Gaël (gduval at ulteo dot com)

PS IMO besides the product itself, I'm more and more convinced that there is really a big potential with Ulteo. Since I'm not at Mandriva anymore, I've received a lot of very interesting contacts and possible partnership.
发表于 2006-4-5 23:46:33 | 显示全部楼层
天哪~我的猜测竟然要变为现实了,KUbuntu+Mandriva的超强和集,技术与人性化的完美结合,超前与稳重的完美统一,.......(省去广告200字)。

ps:看意思,deb的封装软件是可以肯定了,但愿兼容KUbuntu的软件仓库。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-4-6 00:15:11 | 显示全部楼层
如果这些转变能够实现的话,正好符合了APT+MDV的目标

热烈期待中,并且希望本版能够接下讨论ULTEO的话题。

另,“So if someone has the skills, please get in touch with me or connect me”
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-4-6 00:44:07 | 显示全部楼层
Post by gearbox
天哪~我的猜测竟然要变为现实了,KUbuntu+Mandriva的超强和集,技术与人性化的完美结合,超前与稳重的完美统一,.......(省去广告200字)。

ps:看意思,deb的封装软件是可以肯定了,但愿兼容KUbuntu的软件仓库。

不太可能了,看来是基于而不是兼容。至于BETA,还是不要期望过高为宜

还有,那个预测好象是我先想到的
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-6 09:45:05 | 显示全部楼层
Post by maramail

还有,那个预测好象是我先想到的

:beat

ps::ask 既然是“基于”,那deb没问题吧?我理解就是把MDK的“易用性”移植,那除了大头的“控制中心”和其连带的也就没什么了。既然作者说“需要帮助”,那一定是指Debian的架构不熟悉,那deb就没问题了
debian-base
。:sleep
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-6 09:56:35 | 显示全部楼层
我觉得这个项目还是很有前途的。不管怎么说,先等第一个测试版出来。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-6 11:04:52 | 显示全部楼层
我覺得把 mandriva-installer 移植到 debian 一定 perfect
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-4-6 13:24:05 | 显示全部楼层
Post by gearbox
:beat

ps::ask 既然是“基于”,那deb没问题吧?我理解就是把MDK的“易用性”移植,那除了大头的“控制中心”和其连带的也就没什么了。既然作者说“需要帮助”,那一定是指Debian的架构不熟悉,那deb就没问题了。:sleep

MDV也是基于RH的,实际总会有点不一样
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-6 17:37:12 | 显示全部楼层
其实,MDV的易用性可不算是基于RH的,只是他的架构和包管理基于罢了。(RPM一点也不比deb易用!)

其实MDV好就好在上手容易,配置简单。KUbuntu前者做的不错了,ULTEO只要能做好后者就好了。

但愿吧。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-6 19:37:53 | 显示全部楼层
最新消息,此版本将基于kubuntu dapper ,安装程序将会是debian-installer 或者是espresso。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表