找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: shell linux mysql
查看: 3075|回复: 52

The chinese support for Ubuntu is still BAD

关闭 [复制链接]
发表于 2006-8-11 18:36:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I am using the latest version of ubuntu on my machine and found the chinese support is still terrible. Compared with the default chinese font (or font configuration) used in FC5, the one in ubuntu looks not good. It is also not easy to get the chinese input system working and that is the reason why I am writing this in english.

Yes, agreed, linux/ubuntu is free and people are donating their own free hours on it to make things possible, my question here is after so many years why it is that difficult to make the chinese support better? Most of the linux users are still using the windows font files and usually one of the first things they do after installation is so called "optimization for chinese appearance", why that can't be done in ubuntu itself.

I am not trying to complain anything here, just want to share my terrible experience as a 5 years linux user and developer.
发表于 2006-8-11 19:02:46 | 显示全部楼层
In fact,The chinese support in Ubuntu is somewhat better than in FC5,but you have to update your system first. The default system uses Japanese Font ,not Umin/ukai. Ubuntu seperates the i18n work into several parts and they are getting done all the time.So just keep updated and you will get quite good chinese support.

If you still get problems,you can get in touch with the chinese support team.
refer to :
www.ubuntu.org.cn
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-8-11 20:19:56 | 显示全部楼层
thanks, ProgramFan

I just hope that can be made out-of-box. From my experience, I would give a score something like 50 out of 100 for ubuntu. The defualt Chinese font looks terrible, no build-in working chinese input system, what worse can we expect?  

Also, that is really really STUPID if ubuntu is using japaness font for Chinese by default.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-8-11 21:18:43 | 显示全部楼层
Post by ProgramFan
In fact,The chinese support in Ubuntu is somewhat better than in FC5.
Absolute impossibility, Ubuntu is far away behind Fedora in Fonts display.
The default system uses Japanese Font ,not Umin/ukai.

That's not true,no that say "The default system uses Japanese Font"you absolutely can make Chinese fonts get more priority than Japanese fonts by configuring Fontconfig. None of one font is the system defaults,it is decided by
configuration of  fontconfig.
Ubuntu seperates the i18n work into several parts and they are getting done all the time.

That is only one thing Ubuntu should be praised.But IMHO configurationn of Chinese fonts display still very sucks.
So just keep updated and you will get quite good chinese support.
If you still get problems,you can get in touch with the chinese support team.

IMHO, no matter how many times you update you ubuntu box, you will never get quite good chinese support in Ubuntu box,  Chinese ubuntu team have  pushed Ubuntu down to the hell.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-8-11 21:29:44 | 显示全部楼层
晕,猛一看以为到了ubuntuforum,感觉到配色之后才发现原来在sir里面。

总的来说,字体都很好。不喜欢楷体就换成文泉驿就行了。装起来又不难,而且教程数不胜数。

所谓总口难调,想要让ubuntu做到out of box,不容易啊。

说到日本这个问题,讲句题外话,你不觉得ubuntu的gdm出现时候的那声敲竹杠的声音有点日本的味道呢。还有开机音乐。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-8-11 22:33:00 | 显示全部楼层
After wasting my time on Ubuntu for so many hours I am going to delete it next week.

I have to say ubuntu 6.06 is the worst version of ubuntu I have ever used. The gui installer just sucks, when I tried to install the ubuntu that lovely gui program crashed for at least 3 times.

After I finally managed to get the ubuntu working on my machine I got problem with the default kernal with couldn't identify my dual core processor. Then I got serious problem with video playback, it seems there is some weired problems in the sound card driver and it costs too much cpu cycles to playback the sound. I tried "aoss" to workaround the problem and it works. Now I have to face the chinese problem again.

I am just a user who want to use linux as my desktop os, I am not going to read those silly HOWTO docs on chinese configuration any more, I have been reading such kind of things for ages, and that is enough for me. The first time for me to read such linux chinese HOWTO can be traced back to 5 years ago that is no longer funny for me any more.  

The Chinese Linux community hasn't got such problem solved, it is really !@#$%^&*.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-8-12 00:59:25 | 显示全部楼层
楼主智商或许存在问题,建议多看看精华帖,再来发表文章。推荐http://www.linuxsir.cn/bbs/showthread.php?t=264885
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-8-12 01:01:34 | 显示全部楼层
再重复一遍,ubuntu中文基本不需要美化。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-8-12 01:51:39 | 显示全部楼层
我也不喜欢看这种纯牢骚的贴子,一些人辛苦的在为系统的中文化努力,而最终得来的评价却是“it is really !@#$%^&*”。

我装的是xubuntu,装完之后设置了一下国内的deb源(包括CN的),然后进行了update,能输入中文(五笔)。没有安装另外的字体,感觉挺不错的,除了标点有点靠中间而不是靠底。至少我与用过的debian、RHEL3-4、FC3比字体是最漂亮的一个。另外ubuntu的移动设备支持也不错,安装了jpilot之后只设置了一个palm的设备就可以和我的Treo650进行同步。体积现在还只有1.4G,已经能满足我的正常需要了。

PS: 真希望象楼主这样具有5年开发经验的人能多多参与Linux社区的一些工作,而不是在这里发牢骚。

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-8-12 08:42:30 | 显示全部楼层
After wasting my time on Ubuntu for so many hours I am going to delete it next week.
几小时?就算是新手的话,你为这个区区几小时而觉得郁闷的话,那奉劝一句,别等到下周了,马上删掉吧。无论是玩、学习还是用,Linux都不适合你。
I have to say ubuntu 6.06 is the worst version of ubuntu I have ever used. The gui installer just sucks, when I tried to install the ubuntu that lovely gui program crashed for at least 3 times.
不喜欢图形安装,为啥不用alternative CD?又没有人强迫你一定要使用desktop CD。
After I finally managed to get the ubuntu working on my machine I got problem with the default kernal with couldn't identify my dual core processor. Then I got serious problem with video playback, it seems there is some weired problems in the sound card driver and it costs too much cpu cycles to playback the sound. I tried "aoss" to workaround the problem and it works. Now I have to face the chinese problem again.
CPU是拿来用的。难道系统只使用1%的CPU资源你就觉得很爽吗?不觉得这是一种对CPU资源的浪费吗?再说了,就算是默认内核不是SMP(我买不起双核的,所以不知道默认在双核上安装是不是SMP),升级一个内核有不是什么麻烦事。连apt-get都懒得用的话,那就没有办法了。
I am just a user who want to use linux as my desktop os, I am not going to read those silly HOWTO docs on chinese configuration any more, I have been reading such kind of things for ages, and that is enough for me. The first time for me to read such linux chinese HOWTO can be traced back to 5 years ago that is no longer funny for me any more.
原来是用了5年的高手啊。失敬,失敬。
想把Linux作为桌面,那得看你有什么需求了。
正如楼上两位说的,Ubuntu根本就不需要通过很复杂的解决方案,就能解决中文问题了。Anyway,既然Linux让你如此不爽,何必还对它执著了5年,弄了一肚子火,这又是何必呢,早点和他说byebye,你也就不需要这么累打这么长长的英文了,还害的n多人一起在这里打英文。晕死。
The Chinese Linux community hasn't got such problem solved, it is really !@#$%^&*.
英文太多了,比看HOWTO还累……
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表